With so many good homes available on the real estate market, why would anyone decide to build a custom home? Besides, don’t custom homes cost more than pre-existing homes? The answers to these questions may surprise you. Furthermore, including cost, there are six considerations homebuyers may wish to think about before they purchase a pre-existing home. These considerations include the style of available homes, their amenities, the materials used, layout, the lot, and their homebuying budget.
Style – If you are looking for a colonial style home with the bedrooms upstairs, you probably won’t settle for a single-story ranch. Style is a major reason that homebuyers purchase custom homes. Oftentimes, the style of home that homebuyers are looking for is not available in the neighborhood or area where they would like to live. That’s when building a custom home in the style you like best becomes an advantage
- Amenities – Nearly everyone’s lifestyle is different, and each home’s amenities cater to the homeowner’s lifestyle. So, unless you’re planning to search for a pre-existing home that is for sale by someone who lives the way you do, chances are the amenities in the home you buy will not suit your lifestyle. A pool, hot tub, attached garage, workshop – these are examples of amenities that will vary with each home. But only a custom home will give you all of the amenities you’re looking for in your next residence.
- Materials – The materials used to build a home vary as greatly as both the styles and amenities. Wood, aluminum, or vinyl windows and doors; wood, brick, stucco, or vinyl siding on the exterior. How your house looks and the quality of the materials used will reflect what you think is most important in a home. That’s why only by building a custom home – where you can choose the materials – is the option that will satisfy your every desire concerning the quality of the materials use to build it.
Layout – Whether your dream home has an open concept or a four-square layout, only you know which plan will be most functional for you. Because many pre-existing homes have been added onto or their layout has been altered in some way to suit someone else’s personal tastes, you’re probably not going to find exactly what you’d like in a pre-existing home’s layout. On the other hand, a custom home will give you exactly the layout you need without any compromises based on someone else’s needs.
- Home Site– Buying a pre-existing home means you also buy its proximity to the neighbors, the noise that comes with the street it’s on, and the view of that unsightly house across the way. However, with a custom-built home, you can choose a lot that gives you enough space, the right level of noise, and an acceptable view.
- Budget – Finally, when it comes to money, you can only buy what you can afford. What better – and wiser – way exists to stay within your budget and get the home of your dreams than by building a custom home? Otherwise, you may end up overspending on a pre-existing home and still have to give up your ideal style, amenities, materials, layout, or lot.
- Warranty – In a brand new home, there will be warranties provided by your builder, manufacturers, and installers. It is critical when buying anything to be covered by a warrantee for an extended amount of time. In an existing home rarely will you be able to get warranties that cover the same as the Builder, Manufacturer and Installer warranty that you will get with a new home.
- New vs Used – In a new home, it is yours! You are the first to use it, the first to live in it, the first to enjoy it. In an existing home, you are acquiring someone else’s ideas, trends, and used equipment.
- Design – When Building a new home, you get to choose your light fixtures, your appliances, your flooring, paint colors and much more. The key to this is that it is your taste and your ideas.
- Your Dream – A brand new custom home is your dream, your style, your ideas, its YOURS and that is a rarity these days.
Ready to build your custom home? Our focus at Wieland Builders remains on quality and on customer care in building beautiful custom homes all around Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana, and Northern Kentucky. Call us today to find out what we can do for you: 513-801-0860.